Academy Member Inducted 2020Map & Directions
Phyllis PhillipsDiplomate member
7865 Williston Road
Williston, VT 05495
- Practice Commenced2018
- # of MEDS (as of 2/6/23)150
- # of ARBS (as of 2/6/23)5
Online / In-Person
Phyllis Phillips embarked on her mediation career after a ten-year stint as the senior Administrative Law Judge for the Vermont Department of Labor’s Workers’ Compensation and Safety Division. Previously, she developed extensive experience in all facets of workers’ compensation law, first as an attorney and consultant for injured workers, employers, and organized labor representatives and later as co-owner of a Vermont-based workers’ compensation insurance company. She is also adept at discerning and resolving tort-based liability and damages issues.
Phyllis has completed advanced training on mediation-related topics at Pepperdine University Law School’s Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution.
A native of Marblehead, MA (the birthplace of the American Navy), Phyllis is a Fellow of the College of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers. She has served on the Vermont Department of Health’s Uniform Pain Management Advisory Council and is currently on the Kids’ Chance of Vermont Board of Directors. Perhaps most telling, Phyllis is a proud citizen of Red Sox Nation, and considers their World Series victory in 2004 on a par with the birth of her children.
- Personal Injury
- Property Damage
- Real Estate
- Wage & Hour/FMLA
- Workers' Compensation
- Pepperdine University Law School, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution
- "Mediating the Litigated Case" (Feb. 2019)
- "Women's Negotiation Academy" (Dec. 2019)
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law
- Juris Doctor awarded magna cum laude 1983
- University of Vermont
- B.A. Psychology awarded magna cum laude 1978
Memberships & Affiliations
- Admitted to Vermont bar 1984
- Fellow, College of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers, 2017-present
- Vermont Department of Health, Uniform Pain Management System Advisory Council, 2015-2018
- Kids’ Chance of Vermont, Board of Directors, 2014-present
- Burlington Country Club, Board of Directors, 2009-2011
- United Way of Chittenden County, Board of Directors, 2004-2010
- Citizen, Red Sox Nation, 1967-present
$350/hour including preparation time; no charge for travel time or expenses.