Michael's work has been recognized by his peers. He holds an Av rating from Martindale-Hubbell, is listed in New England Super Lawyers (2009 & 2013 ed.) for Alternative Dispute Resolution, and was also recognized in Best Lawyers in America (2009 through 2014 ed.) for Arbitration, Construction Law and Mediation. Best Lawyers in America also named Michael its 2014 Lawyer of the Year in the Arbitration category for Burlington.
- Contract Disputes
- Divorce (High Asset)
- NEW YORK UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW Juris Doctor conferred, June 4, 1981.
- RICHARD STOCKTON COLLEGE B.A. in Political Science (with honors), May, 1978.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Vermont Board of Bar Examiners: 1984-1996 (Chair, 1994-1996) and 2003-2012.
- Member, Mount Mansfield Union School Board, 2007- .
- Member, Vermont Environmental Court Advisory Committee on Mediation, 2007- .
- Member, United States District Court for Vermont Early Neutral Evaluation Panel, 2011- .
- Co-Counsel for Independent Investigation of Inmate Deaths in Vermont Department of Corrections, 2004-05.
- Member, Town of Richmond Planning Commission, 1997-2005.
- Member, Vermont Septic Technology Impact Study Committee, 1999-2000.
- Member, Governor's Task Force on Administrative Law, 1988-1989.
- Admitted to Vermont and United States District Court for Vermont Bars.
Hourly rate of $280.00, plus mileage and out-of-pocket expenses.